Well, let me tell you. I have been following this Traveling Stash and I won one of the boxes.
There are 5 boxes in route. And, I won I visit from one of them.
This is the Rules and Guidelines;
Traveling Stash Rules & Guidelines
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :) There is a guide to Pre-Cut amounts below for your reference.
GUIDELINES TO PRE-CUT AMOUNTS:
- Jelly Roll strips are 2-1/2 inches so every 10 strips is 2/3 yard (plus an inch). 30 strips is 2 yards plus 3 inches. 40 strips is 2-3/4 yards. 50 strips is 3-1/2 yards.
- Honey Buns are 1-1/2 inches so 10 strips is just slightly under 1/3 yard. 40 strips are 1-2/3 yards.
- Desert Rolls are 10 (5 x 45) strips or just slightly over 1-1/3 yard.
- Turnovers are 80 (6 inch) triangles and is equal to slightly over 1 yard.
- Charms are 5 inch squares. 40 charms is equal to 2/3 of a yard.
- Layer Cakes are 10 inch squares. 40 layer cake squares are equal to 2-3/4 yards.
I also have been working on a new project that Missie at http://www.hallbrookdesigns.blogspot.com/
offered for free a few weeks ago.
I have the pears appliqued on;
The Bird is becoming a little more challenging. But, I am up for the challenge!
I really think this going to be a lovely wall hanging come Christmas.Thank You Missie for sharing this.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers,